Carbonara: quick, delicious, rich and filled with bacon goodness.
Feelin’ that thick cut bacon! Oh… And there’s some parsley back there too.
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Hands down, the best dried pasta you can find is Rustichella D’abruzzo. If you haven’t tried it, it’s time.
- 12 ounces fettucine noodles
Cooking just doesn’t feel right without a drink in hand. What’s better than a bloody mary? How about a bloody mary with a pickle, stuffed olive, cocktail onion, scotch bonnet pepper and a big ass bacon strip.
After bringing the whipping cream to a simmer in a sauté pan, remove from heat and add the egg and garlic.
Cook the pasta until done. Immediately toss the fettucini into your sauté pan, mixing until evenly coated.
Cook on low heat for one minute.
Remove from heat and and parmesan, butter, parsley, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and bacon to pasta.